Thursday, February 26, 2009

Curry Chicken Salad


I love when I can use my leftovers and use them for lunch options. A couple of days ago I got a roasted chicken from the grocery store. Obviously too much chicken for just me in one night, so I made this curry chicken salad the next day for lunch! I got this recipe from my Big Book of 30-Minute Dinners, but since I already had the roasted chicken, it only took like 10 minutes!
Ingredients
3 cups roasted chicken
2 cups green grapes
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/3 cup light mayo
1/3 cup lemon-flavored low-fat yogurt
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder
2 Tb sliced almonds
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, and celery.
2. For salad dressing, stir together mayo, yogurt, soy sauce, and curry powder. Pour dressing over chicken mixture, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
G's side notes:
This was such a good twist on the normal everyday chicken salad! The original recipe called for Mandarin oranges, but I thought that was fruit over kill. I might try the oranges next time and omit the grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment