Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chili Coconut Chicken



This recipe came from one of many "Quick and Easy" recipe books that I have acquired over the years. And it definitely was quick and easy...and very yummy! I got to enjoy this dish with my girlfriend Andrea who happened to be in my neighborhood this night...how convenient! She gave this recipe rave reviews...thanks Andrea!

Ingredients

2/3 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup coconut milk

1 Tb. vegetable oil

8 skinless, boneless chicken strips, cut into long, thin pieces

1 small red chili, thinly sliced

4 scallions, thinly sliced

1 red pepper, thinly sliced

1 yellow pepper

1 cup sugar snap peas

4 Tb. smooth or crunchy peanut butter

finely grated rind and juice of 1 lime

2 cups cooked rice

red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom skillet or pre-heated wok. Season chicken with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring, until golden.

2. Add red chili, peppers, and sugar snap peas and cook gently for few minutes.

3. Add warm chicken stock, coconut milk, peanut butter, lime rind and juice and simmer uncovered, stirring for 5 minutes.

4. Serve with rice and garnish with scallions.

G's Side notes:

The original recipe didn't call for any of the vegetables that I added. I love all these flavors in this recipe and I think you could add any veggies you have on hand. Next time, I think I will add pineapple too!

No comments:

Post a Comment